Home

Strips

Comments

Sort By:
+6 Rank Up Rank Down
Apr 25, 2013
To the detractors of my last statement,

I have been on both sides of the fence, prosperity and complete and utter financial ruin. I have known CEOs and destitute people. I grew up in and have decided to make my stand in a lower end working class neighborhood. This idea that most people on or needing assistance are simply lazy is nothing more that a bald faced lie purported by the "haves" who will stop an nothing to protect the last .1% of their fortune. I'm sure there are abusers of any system, but I have never met a person who was poor or in need of help by their own choice. Life is full of randomness and not everyone is dealt the same deck of cards.The ideal of financial / "class" upward mobility has all but vanished in American society. I consider myself extraordinary lucky that I was able to climb back out of the hole I was in; some of it was determination, some of it was who I knew and some sheer dumb luck.

So in that light, I still stand by my statement - Those that spew the notion there are droves of people on assistance, not paying taxes, etc. because of sheer laziness are full of unadulterated cr@p.
 
 
+24 Rank Up Rank Down
Apr 25, 2013
Hard work, humble learning, high standards, and high goals lead to success.

Nothing in life is guaranteed.
 
 
+29 Rank Up Rank Down
Apr 25, 2013
Replace Dilbert with Wally who ends with "Maybe he worked too hard."
 
 
+66 Rank Up Rank Down
Apr 25, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks maybe this IS what PHB wanted to be? Highly paid, doing no work and able to abuse folks without fear of reprisal?
 
 
Apr 25, 2013
@phreon - Actually, it's you who are 95% full of cr@p. The other 5% being urine and toilet paper.
Your statement about starting all over again proves that by disregarding his statement about those who don't work hard!
 
 
 
Get the new Dilbert app!