Are you having trouble focusing because the world is full of distractions? I have a brain trick that might help. I’ll get to that in a minute.
I have never been diagnosed with ADDHD. But I do have a massive problem with managing distractions. I have always had problems focusing on the uninteresting, but it feels as if the complexity of life in 2015 has tripled my problem.
To get a sense of the challenge, here’s what I did between 5-7 AM this morning.
- Wrote a Sunday comic about negotiating
- Wrote a Robots Read News comic
- Blogged about my co-writers, on three different topics
- Handled logistics for a speaking trip, one of several upcoming
- Solved two or three technical problems
- Studies up on…